Hey friends! We are looking for an eager, hard working, and outgoing summer intern with a strong desire to learn more about the video production industry. You must be a student enrolled in a university to be considered for the internship.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
Solid understanding of Mac OS
Solid understanding of Adobe CS Production Suite, especially Adobe Premiere and Photoshop.
Experience and interest in field production, such as basic camera skills and general knowledge of lighting and audio equipment.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION FOCUS:
Education and skill development in the area of media production.
Production support throughout projects, including, but not limited to: Prepping projects for post-production, rough-cut editing, management and archival of footage and masters, etc.
Performing field production duties as needed, such as shooting, gripping, audio, script supervision and Production Assistant responsibilities.
Assist in miscellaneous day-to-day activities and general administrative tasks such as scheduling, obtaining props, client deliveries, etc.
Educational projects and activities such as creating :30-1:00 videos for our blog.
Final Project: You will produce, shoot, and edit a 2-3 minute video during the course of your internship. Your production mentor will oversee your progress along the way. During your final week, you will present the video to our whole team during our bi-weekly Almuerzo Creativo.
Position Length: We are looking to fill one part-time intern position this summer. The start and end dates are flexible, depending on your school calendar. Tentative dates run from May 19 through August 15.
Hours: Monday through Friday, part time. We are flexible on the specific days and number of hours per week (ideally, 16 to 24). We are looking for consistency.
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Demo reel/work samples (please include these links in the body of your email)
Resume (attach as a .pdf)
Answers to the application questionnaire at the bottom of this page (attach as a .pdf)
- Your email subject line should be formatted as: 2014 Production Intern – First Name, Last Name
- Cover letters are too formal for our taste. In the body of your email, just tell us about yourself – what you are passionate about, why you got involved in video production, why you are looking for an internship, or anything else you think we should know that you don’t discuss in the questionnaire.
- Links to your demo reel/work samples are mandatory, but please feel free to include any other links you think might be helpful – your blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
The deadline to apply is March 28, 2014. If your application does not include all of the mandatory items, it will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
1. Tell us about a cool video project you’ve worked on. What was your role and what did you enjoy most about it?
2. When it comes to video production, what are your biggest strengths? What are your weaknesses?
3. Who are some of your role models?
4. What is your least marketable talent?