We are looking for a passionate, creative, hard-working summer intern with a desire to learn more about the video production industry. You must be a student enrolled in a university or a recent graduate to be considered for the internship.
Additional requirements include:
Solid understanding of Mac OS.
Proficiency in Adobe CS Production Suite, especially Adobe Premiere and Photoshop.
Experience in field production, such as basic camera skills and general knowledge of lighting and audio equipment.
Job Description and Position Focus:
Education and skill development in the area of media production. Duties may include:
Project management assistance (providing administrative support to our team of producers).
Creative development (concept generation, script writing, research, etc).
Field production (production assistant and grip responsibilities).
Post-production support throughout projects, including but not limited to: preparing footage, rough-cut editing, management and archival of footage and masters.
Miscellaneous office tasks such as scheduling, obtaining props, client deliveries, gear pick-up, craft services, etc.
Position Length: We are looking to fill one part-time production intern position this summer. The start and end dates are flexible, depending on your school calendar. Tentative dates run from May 19 through August 5.
Hours: Three (3) full days per week. Specific days are flexible depending on your summer schedule.
Compensation: The intern will receive a $1500 stipend for this internship.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2016.
1. Send an email to email@example.com with the following mandatory items:
Your resume (attach as a .pdf)
Answers to the Application Questionnaire below (attach as a .pdf)
Cover letters are too formal for our taste. In the body of your email, tell us about yourself. For example, what are you passionate about? Why did you get involved in video production? Why do you want to work at Myriad? Include anything you think we should know about.
Links to your work (please include these links at the end of your email and specify your role in each video sample).
Please note that we do not require a demo reel or online portfolio to apply, but you will get brownie points if you have them. Feel free to include links to any other online platforms you have as well to help us get to know you (LinkedIn, Twitter, cool blogs, etc).
2. In the email subject line, please use the following format:
2016 Production Intern – FirstName LastName
Example: 2016 Production Intern – Joe Smith
3. Application Questionnaire
1. Tell us about one of your sample video projects that you are proud of. What went well? What did you learn? What did you enjoy most about the process?
2. Tell us about a time when you provided or received excellent customer service. Why was it memorable?
3. What is one piece of advice would you give a classmate or colleague to ensure their production runs smoothly?
4. Who is someone you admire or respect? Why?
5. What is the best work-related compliment you’ve ever received?
6. Share a link to one of your favorite online videos that you recently discovered (1:30 in length or less). Why do you like it? What, in your opinion, makes the video successful?
The deadline to apply is April 1, 2016. If your application does not follow the directions, it will not be considered. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
Myriad Media is an integrated production company headquartered in Raleigh, NC. We specialize in digital video content (live action and motion graphics) for brands and agencies that we share values with. We’re folks with super ordinary haircuts and a love for producing smart, surprising videos. We’re down-to-earth people who put good work above being flashy. We hire co-workers who will make us better, and we are excited to learn why that might be you.