Hello, future Marketing Directors! We are seeking an intern who is interested in marketing and business development in a creative agency environment. We’re looking for someone who loves research and strategy, building relationships, branding, and digital marketing. Ideally, you will bring positive energy, a strong work ethic, and new business ideas to our fun group here in Raleigh, NC.
You must be a student enrolled in a university, working towards a degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, Public Relations or other related discipline.
Additional Requirements Include:
- Solid understanding of Mac OS.
- Significant experience in social media and digital marketing.
- Thorough knowledge of the marketing, sales, and public relations field.
- You are a self-starter and can work at an unsupervised and self-directed pace.
- You love strategy, technology, and helping people.
- You are an excellent writer and communicator.
Job Description and Position Focus:
The intern will work directly with Myriad’s business development and marketing team. You will be given real-world assignments and projects that include:
- Developing and writing new content for our social media platforms.
- Participating in sales pushes (client research, market analysis, general strategy, assembling collateral packages).
- Creating content for our blog and assisting with the creation of additional marketing materials.
- Assisting with event planning.
- Participating in client meetings and proposal generation.
- Working with our Production Intern on specific educational assignments.
Position Length: We are looking to fill one part-time marketing intern position this summer. The start and end dates are flexible, depending on your school calendar. Tentative dates run from May 18 through August 14.
Hours: Ideally 2-3 full days per week. Specific days are flexible; we’re just looking for consistency.
Compensation: The intern will receive a stipend for this internship.
Please email the following to email@example.com:
- Resume (attach as a .pdf)
- Answers to the application questionnaire at the bottom of this page (attach as a .pdf)
- In the email subject line, please use the following format:
2015 Marketing Intern – First Name, Last Name
Example: 2015 Marketing Intern – Joe Smith
- Cover letters are too formal for our taste. In the body of your email, just tell us about yourself – for example, what are you passionate about, what inspires you, why do you want to intern at Myriad, or anything else you think we should know about.
- While not mandatory, please include links to online portfolios, blogs, LinkedIn, or any other websites if you have them.
The deadline to apply is April 3, 2015. If your application does not include all of the mandatory items, it will not be considered. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
- Customer service is big here. Tell us about a time you provided or received excellent customer service. Why was it memorable?
- What is your favorite book, TV series, or movie? Why?
- If we update our website this year, what do you recommend we improve upon? Be ruthlessly honest.