Summer is an exciting time for the folks with Super Ordinary Haircuts. Not only is the muggy weather prime for our frizzy hairdos, but we also get to bring in a couple of awesome interns to help with our projects. This summer, we are lucky to have two interns who I’d like to introduce you to. Todd Leonard is helping our production team, and Luke Campbell is helping our marketing team. Both of them have been killing it over the past several months. Below are some fun facts about our boy Luke. Check back in a few days to learn more about Todd.
Digital Marketing Intern
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
1. What made you apply for this internship?
I wanted experience in the “idea stage” of video production and I enjoy the challenge of creating interaction, buzz, and exposure via social media. I figured I would be able to learn the basics of video production and also take away entrepreneurial lessons. From the website, I got the sense that people here are laid-back and keep work interesting.
2. Who are your heroes/influencers?
- I’m grateful to my parents for teaching and displaying values like honesty, trust, and responsibility.
- Josh Danehower, my Young Life leader in high school, served as a role model and taught me to live how I really wanted, thinking less about what other people were doing.
- I’m influenced by many artists and athletes as well. Kanye West, Kid Cudi, Blu, Kobe Bryant, and Lauryn Hill are at the top.
3. Least marketable talent or hobby?
I’m great at Bingo. I once won 4 of 5 rounds in my high school English class.
4. Other hobbies?
I love sports, hip-hop, and music in general. I try to find new artists and music, and I’ve dabbled in writing/recording verses with friends. Watching and playing sports with family and friends is one of my favorite things. My favorite teams are Washington (Redskins, Wizards, Nationals, Capitals), UNC, Notre Dame, and the Los Angeles Lakers.
5. What is your personal motto or mantra?
- Progress is precise. To make progress, I think you have to take small steps and make specific goals and commitments.
- Hate it or love it, the underdog’s on top (50 Cent & The Game). Growing up, I often considered myself an underdog. People underestimated me based on my size in sports, or for being quiet and shy, but I feel I can raise people’s expectations and succeed as I get the chance to prove myself.
6. Favorite food in the whole world?
7. Most embarrassing moment?
During my freshman year at UNC, I tried using the waffle maker in the dining hall for the first time. I didn’t know how to use the batter dispenser, so I asked the guy next to me whether you push the lever down or pull it up. He told me to push the lever down. This caused the whole dispenser head to pop off, and the batter gushed out explosively onto me, covering my shorts, legs, and shoes. A couple of gallons came out before I could stop the rush, and the batter covered the floor where everyone walked by to put their dishes up. Walking back through campus was terrible even though I was with a friend.
8. Guilty Pleasure?
Romantic comedies sometimes – Love Actually, When Harry Met Sally, etc.
9. Favorite book?
My Losing Season by Pat Conroy.
10. Favorite three films?
Remember the Titans, You Got Served, The Great Escape.
Welcome aboard, Luke!