We are looking for an eager, hard-working, passionate summer intern with a desire to learn more about the video production industry. You must be a student enrolled in a university to be considered for the internship.
Additional requirements include:
- Solid understanding of Mac OS
- Solid understanding of Adobe CS Production Suite, especially Adobe Premiere and Photoshop.
- Experience in field production, such as basic camera skills and general knowledge of lighting and audio equipment.
Job Description and Position Focus:
- Education and skill development in the area of media production.
- Production support throughout projects, including but not limited to: Preparing projects for post-production, rough-cut editing, management and archival of footage and masters, etc.
- Performing field production duties such as shooting, gripping, audio, script supervision and production assistant responsibilities.
- Assist in miscellaneous day-to-day activities and general administrative tasks such as scheduling, obtaining props, client deliveries, etc.
- Educational projects and activities not related to client-specific work (video blog posts, online training classes).
Final Project: You will produce, shoot, and edit a 2-3 minute video during the course of your internship. Your production mentor will oversee your progress along the way. During your final week, you will present the video to our team during our bi-weekly Creative Lunch.
Position Length: We are looking to fill one part-time production intern position this summer. The start and end dates are flexible, depending on your school calendar. Tentative dates run from May 18 through August 14.
Hours: Ideally, 2-3 full days per week. Specific days are flexible; we’re just looking
Compensation: The intern will receive a stipend for this internship.
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Demo reel/work samples (please include these links in the body of your email and specify your role in each video sample)
- Resume (attach as a .pdf)
- Answers to the application questionnaire at the bottom of this page (attach as a .pdf)
- In the email subject line, please use the following format:
2015 Production Intern – First Name, Last Name
Example: 2015 Production Intern – Joe Smith
- Cover letters are too formal for our taste. In the body of your email, just tell us about yourself – for example, what are you passionate about, what inspires you, why did you get involved in video production, why do you want to work at Myriad, or anything else you think we should know about.
- Links to your demo reel/work samples are mandatory, but please feel free to include any other links you think might be helpful – your blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
The deadline to apply is April 3, 2015. If your application does not include all of the mandatory items, it will not be considered. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
- Tell us about one of your sample video projects. What did you enjoy most about the project? What went well? What did you learn?
- Who are some of your role models?
- Do you have a favorite TV series, movie, or book? Pick one and tell us why you love it.